Broadband for low income households connected to our network
Essential Broadband Terms and Conditions
1. Existing County Broadband customers with a member of the household living at their service address who are in receipt of Universal Credit or Pension Credit are able to apply to move their current broadband service to County Broadband Essential Broadband by confirming eligibility on the County Broadband customer portal.
2. Customers consent to the providing to and sharing of their Date Of Birth with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) for the purposes of checking eligibility to the County Broadband Essential Tariff.
3. Customers applying will not be eligible if they are currently in arrears or on a scheduled repayment plan.
4. In the event of a successful application, your existing broadband service will be migrated to our Essential Broadband tariff . This broadband service is governed by our Standard
5. If you migrate to our Essential Broadband tariff, you will be ineligible for any future new customer discounts, if and when you decide to migrate to one of our standard tariffs.
6. You’ll need to reconfirm eligibility as per clause 1 when requested to demonstrate you are still in receipt of any of the benefits listed in clause 1 to continue to receive Essential Broadband at £15 per month. If you do not reconfirm eligibility, your broadband service will revert to your previous service and you will be billed accordingly previously. Once accepted, your monthly charge will remain on the Essential tariff.
7. If you migrate to our Essential Broadband tariff, you will be billed at £15 per month on your existing billing date.
8. Eligibility for the Essential Broadband Tariff will be reviewed on a regular basis and updated evidence supporting the requirements in clause 1 may be requested.
You can view and download these terms as a pdf, below.