Business Systems Developer
Working from home
Up to £40,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) build across communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of businesses and homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth and maintaining our leading broadband network and services provider status in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Business Systems Developer.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services the Business Systems Developer will have the following direct responsibilities:
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Develop databases, backend applications and appealing front-end UI.
- Create and maintain systems documentation.
- Explore options to use off the shelf or readymade software applications to complete projects in shorter timeframe if appropriate.
- Quickly learn and configure off the shelf or readymade software applications.
- Write effective APIs.
- Integrate with external systems and SaaS application using API.
- Help to manage and maintain current business applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software as required.
- Participate in development review process, including code review.
- Help to prepare technical requirement documentation, work breakdown structure and estimations.
- Assist in risk identification and preparing mitigation plan.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience of software development in telecommunications would be an advantage
- At least three years of experience in developing and managing databases and backend applications
- Must have completed at least two projects that include integration between applications using APIs
- Minimum of three years of front-end UI or web design skills experience
- Experience of integration with SaaS applications (desirable)
- Knowledge of systems security and data protection
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as PHP. At least three years of PHP experience preferred (desirable)
- Proficient with database technology such as MySQL and SQL Server (desirable)
- Agile or similar methodologies experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Keen sense of responsibility and self-motivation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform and deliver results under pressure
- Willing to learn and adopt new technology and platforms required in future projects (desirable)
As this is a working from home opportunity it’s important that you are able to accommodate home working, this includes suitable space to work from and an internet connection which will support it (minimum download speed of 10Mbps).
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.