Up to £80,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Project Director.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery, our Project Director’s main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the end to end management of all programmes and teams
- Accountable for the delivery on time
- Accountable for the delivery to the required quality
- Accountable for the delivery to the required cost
- Establishing, setting and management of all project objectives
- Creation and management of projects using best practice and be responsible for their successful completion
- With the support of the build team ensure all QHSE, NSWRA etc. requirements are managed within the project team to ensure full compliance
- Create/identify/manage SOW, project plans, budgets, dependencies, assumptions, issues and risks
- Own and develop the project delivery processes and systems to drive delivery, efficiency and effectiveness of the programmes
- Analyse and report on all aspects of performance of the programme and teams to deliver a predictable outcome working in conjunction with the PMO Manager
- Implement a continuous improvement methodology and mindset through the team
- Uses the experience gained in managing large scale fibre/infrastructure delivery projects to ensure best practice is used
- Uses the experience gained in managing projects using a structured delivery methodology, such as Prince2, to ensure effective and efficient delivery
- Management of contractors and all key stake-holders within the processes to support the build
- Own the liaison and establish effective mechanisms to manage and control the relationship with the council, highways, local councils, villages etc. to support the build
- Provide coaching and mentorships to the teams to allow talent development
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in managing large telecoms delivery programmes
- Proven capability of delivering on time, to budget and quality
- 3rd party contractor management
- Leading complex infrastructure projects
- Full life cycle project management experience
- Civils, street work and HSE experience including NSWRA, CDM etc.
- Structured approach to project management including a recognised project management certification
- Is able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage teams, resources and stake holders effectively to deliver predictable outcomes
- Willing to work additional hours in line with business needs
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.