Up to £40,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for talented and experienced Network Planner.
Reporting to the Manager – Bespoke Connections Team, the Network Planner will have direct responsibility for:
- The creation of Bespoke designs to enable properties that have been missed from the main build to be connected
- Managing the end-to-end processes and systems either with external or internal parties to ensure that designs meet the required objectives
- Managing the network planning and design policies to include decision trees on the use of Over Head, Under Ground, Public Infrastructure Access, Own Build etc. and supporting the creation of them
- Ensuring that during the planning and design stage companies’ objectives are delivered on time in relation to the time, quality and costs of the designs created and the process to create
- The creation and validation of the Design either directly or with partners
- The creation of the designs using CBL’s GIS systems to support the business decisions
- The creation and validation of all required outputs to allow for effective network build
- Leading the implementation of design best practice through the internal and external organisations
- Working with the Manager – Bespoke Connections Team to optimise the process and systems in place and create a culture of continuous improvement within the Bespoke Connections Team
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Degree educated
- Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment and how a design is critical to a successful build
- Detailed technical appreciation for different network technology i.e. GPON, WDM, fibre, radio etc.
- Creation of network designs using multiple technologies (P2P, GPON, XGSPON etc.) and using overhead and underground infrastructure
- Creating design and planning rules and strategic direction for the network
- Ability to provide designs using CAD and/or GIS systems to a high standard
- Awareness of BT PIA specifications (desirable)
- Understanding of Fibre Build methods (desirable)
- Is able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage teams, resources and stake holders effectively
- Good Communication skills and is able to communicate at all levels
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Flexible and able to work additional hours in line with business needs
As this is a working from home opportunity it’s important that you are able to accommodate home working, this includes suitable space to work from and an internet connection which will support it (minimum download speed of 10Mbps).
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.