Up to £40,000 per annum D.O.E
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) build across communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of businesses and homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth and maintaining our leading broadband network and services provider status in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced IT Manager that will assist in managing the IT infrastructure, systems and security.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services the IT Manager will have the following direct responsibilities:
- Ownership and management of all aspects of the IT infrastructure, systems and security
- Ownership and maintenance of servers and networks
- Overseeing and managing desktop support services
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Developing and implementing IT strategy, policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Plan, organise, and control access to proprietary business data stored on internal and cloud storage systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy, whilst striving to protect the business and its assets.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to IT systems
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Overseeing implementation of major IT projects including new systems, system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Work alongside the Data Team to develop a robust data management and data analytics function in the business
- Ensure remote workers can access the internal network and systems securely via VPN tools
- Take ownership and accountability for continued delivery of IT systems and ensure that IT support remains available during business hours.
- Designing training programs and workshops for staff
- Conducting regular system audits
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Managing IT team; providing guidance, training and coaching
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Understand how GDPR affects the business and take the necessary steps to ensure our systems comply
- Safeguard server and databases through daily and weekly backups both on site and remote.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems
- Core Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Azure, Office 365, and Active Directory
- VMWare Esxi/VCentre Server
- VPN administration and monitoring
- Networking concepts including WAN, LAN, DHCP, DNS, SSL, and IP Routing and Switching
- Backup solutions including Veeam, CloneZilla, and Windows Backup
- Administration and deployment of Windows and Linux servers and desktops
- Knowledge of asset management systems
- Knowledge of service desk solutions
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.