Fibre Field Engineer
£28,500 - £35,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for talented and experienced Fibre Field Engineers to install and maintain Fibre to the Premise connections. This is a customer facing role, and you will be expected to provide quality support by being engaging, friendly and confident to help us deliver a first-class end user experience for our customers.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, our Fibre Engineers will:
- Complete all work as scheduled and maintain regular contact with the Customer Care Team on progress and variation to work schedule.
- Complete FTTP installation to the required company standard, including signal testing and installation of external and internal equipment. To include splicing and pre terminated connections for both, Underground and Overhead FATs
- Install network infrastructure equipment
- Install and terminate fibre cables
- Install equipment to include data cabinets, network cabling, patch panels, etc
- Liaise with the Network Operations team to identify, report and resolve network issues
- Troubleshoot issues by completing service calls
- Working with Network Operations team to also resolve more complex issues
- Project based work within the general scope of the job role
- Help us achieve technical excellence within our networks
- Carry out onsite surveys for new locations and prepare a survey report
- Identify and suggest ways we can improve the network and our procedures
- Provide ‘on-call’ out of hours support
- Record all information accurately, including photographs, against the job record and paperwork
- Required to undertake training on the wireless network services, appreciation or experience in this area would be highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of overhead and underground fibre network installation and maintenance
- Fibre Splicing
- Fault finding & Rectification
- OTDR Testing
- Knowledge of Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) is desirable
- Working at height including ladder, pole and tower climbing
- Full UK driving licence
- NRSWA accreditation
- Full UK driving license
The following qualifications are desirable:
- IPAF (MEWP)
All candidates should have good interpersonal skills with a can do attitude.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.