Working from home
Up to £70,000
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for talented and experienced Design Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery, the Design Manager will have direct responsibility for:
- Accountable for the design strategy for the business
- Create and own the end to end design process and plans and ensure that they are being delivered to meet the business objectives (HLD to LLD and associated planning packs, through build and in life/operations)
- Create and own the network architecture for the core and access networks
- Responsible for ensuring the network is designed to be future proofed and includes the latest technology and delivery innovation
- Accountable for ensuring the design, and related information, are provided to support a predictable outcome at the build stage
- Ensure the designs and the information provided meet the minimum quality requirements and can be used to support the business objectives
- Own and manage the design related systems through the business to support the design process
- Ensure that the design process is documented and updated regularly to reflect any key changes in the regulatory, PIA etc. environment
- Manage the internal and external design team to ensure that the designs are delivered to meet the agreed quality and timelines
- Work closely with Sales and other areas of the business to support the business strategy moving forward i.e. assess where we go next, how we get there etc.
- Responsible for all data into and out of the design team to meet the business processes, requirements and time scales
- Responsible for all changes management (DFE) within the design team
- Working as part of the project team ensure that the build partners are supported through the duration of the project and that the design team are influencing, where appropriate, the build planning activity
- Management of the design budget
- Line management for the Design team
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy within the internal and external teams
- Provide regular reports on performance and status to the key stakeholders
- Management of contractor teams and all key stakeholders within the processes to support the design
- Liaise with partners to identify new opportunities for the business to improve/optimise operationally its delivery process
- Performance management, analysis and driving improvement of all contractors
- Management of any construction Design and Management (CDM) requirements/regulations within the design area
- Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Creating design and planning rules and strategic direction for the network
- Experience of designing networks using multiple solutions i.e. overhead, underground, PIA, radio etc. Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment
- Proven ability of designing networks on a GIS system
- Third party contractor management
- Knowledge of the passive and active equipment used in delivering fibre networks
- Knowledge of different network technology i.e. GPON, WDM, fibre, radio etc.
- Team management skills
- Ability to co-ordinate Design and Construction activities
- Process creation and management
- Knowledge of Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Commercial awareness
- Outcome orientated and objective driven
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Willing to work additional hours in line with business needs
- Willing to travel to the office to support the business as required
- Proven and demonstrable team management experience
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.