£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for talented and experienced Design Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery, the Design Manager will have direct responsibility for:
- Accountable for the design strategy for the business
- Create and own the end to end design process (HLD to LLD and associated planning packs) and plans and ensure that they are being delivered to meet the business objectives
- Create and own the network architecture for the core and access networks
- Responsible for ensuring the network is designed to be future proofed and includes the latest technology and delivery innovation
- Accountable for ensuring the design, and related information, are provided to support a predictable outcome at the build stage
- Ensure the designs and the information provided meet the minimum quality requirements and can be used to support the business objectives
- Own and manage the design related systems through the business to support the design process
- Ensure that the design process is documented and updated regularly to reflect any key changes in the regulatory, PIA etc. environment
- Manage the internal and external design team to ensure that the designs are delivered to meet the agreed quality and timelines
- Work closely with Sales and other areas of the business to support the business strategy moving forward i.e. assess where we go next, how we get there etc.
- Responsible for all data into and out of the design team to meet the business processes and time scales
- Responsible for all changes management (DFE) within the design team
- Working as part of the project team ensure that the build partners are supported through the duration of the project and that the design team are influencing, where appropriate, the build planning activity
- Management of the design budget
- Line management for the Design team
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy within the internal and external teams
- Provide regular reports on performance and status to the key stakeholders
- Management of contractor teams and all key stakeholders within the processes to support the design
- Liaise with partners to identify new opportunities for the business to improve/optimise operationally its delivery process
- Performance management, analysis and driving improvement of all contractors
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Creating design and planning rules and strategic direction for the network
- Experience of working in a telecommunications infrastructure build environment
- Proven ability of designing networks on a GIS system
- Third party contractor management
- Able to define and create technical high and low -level documentation to a high standard
- Knowledge of the passive and active equipment used in delivering fibre networks
- Extensive knowledge of different network technology i.e.GPON, WDM, fibre, radio etc
- Team management skills
- Ability to co-ordinate Design and Construction activities
- Knowledge of Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.