Fixed Term Communications Assistant
Up to £19,000 per annum pro rata D.O.E
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the-home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth towards becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for a talented Communications Assistant to join our growing marketing team. This is a six-month, fixed-term contract, with the potential of a permanent opportunity, after the initial 6 month initial contract period has been completed.
The Communications Assistant will:
- Co-ordinate the rollout of a diverse communications programme as part of an ambitious plan to deliver FTTP broadband to local communities
- Work collaboratively with both existing marketing and communications executives to deliver direct communications as required
- Maintain and deliver content to strict timescales to be despatched over a variety of communications channels to a variety of customers
- Administer and care for customer data in line with GDPR, ensuring customers receive relevant communications specific to their project area
- Support the PR and Communications Manager and Communications Executive with the despatch of ‘on message’ village communications including letter and emails
- Support and assist the marketing and communications team with content production as appropriate
- Assist with the production of blogs and website content
- Design and create materials to branding standards
- Ensures communications are in-line with company tone of voice and maintained to existing company branding guidelines
- Work with other key internal stakeholders, including the Delivery team and HR to develop and support with any internal communications requirements e.g. intranet, staff emails and communications
- Brings creative, new ideas to the marketing team and the business.
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills, bringing a creative ‘flair’ to written content
- Able to plan and manage working schedule effectively
- Experience of using a CRM system or content management system to segment customer data/define customer segments for communications campaigns
- Track record of maintaining direct email and mass mailout campaigns in both letter and email formats
- Able to develop communications messages to through send direct email campaigns or use direct communications channels to communicate with customers
- Knowledge of social media channels, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook and social media management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Understands the importance of safeguarding customer data in line with appropriate guidelines
- Worked in a construction/ utilities/ or telecommunications industry
- University graduate with a degree in English/ Journalism/ Creative writing
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.