Capital Finance Analyst
Working from home
Up to £28,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
The Capital Finance Analyst role will be responsible for the financial control and reporting on our growing fibre network, including being responsible for review and analysis of material and labour build costs as well as analysis and review of the total build capital spend, as outlined in the main duties and responsibilities.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their accounting career with lots of opportunity to make this role their own as well as develop with the company as we continue to grow.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the main duties will be:
- Define and control the process for linking assets from the build to the Sage 200
- Working with the Build and Customer Service teams if a break occurs in the network, including identifying assets in need of repair and recovering all costs in the case of a third-party insurance claims.
- Liaising with auditors in the identification of assets for year end
Financial control and reporting on project costs including:
- Reconciliation of materials costs against the initial Bill of Materials (BOM’s) and any deviations from expected (DFE’s) and the final village build
- Reconciliation of labour costs, including ensuring sufficient Purchase Order cover
- Working with the Sage 200 Job Costing Module
- Reconciliation of project Work In Progress
Review and identification of fixed assets, including:
- Manage classification of capital costs
- Identifying assets within a village
- Recording of wireless and other assets
- Analyse Capital spending profiles to provide actionable information to Procurement, Build and IT, including: identifying the integrity of the end-to-end process from project sign off, purchasing of stock, allocating stock to villages and put systems in place to ensure record of assets and analysis of the true cost of implementation of a build (e.g. 10m stretch of the network)
- Ensure accounting policies for capital are suitable and adhered to
- Set up BOM information in works order processing.
- Ensure correct coding of capital costs, working with Build/IT
- Report on capital costs in particular cost to complete
- Manage project accounting for capital
Plus any other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- ACCA/CIMA part qualified
- Previous experience within a finance department
- Process mapping (desirable)
- Fixed Assets (desirable)
- Microsoft Office, intermediate to advanced Excel
- Accounting and Financial Control (desirable)
- Process management (desirable)
- Analysis of costs (desirable)
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Ability to liaise with other departments
- Ability to create processes (desirable)
- Demonstrate control procedures (desirable)
As this is a working from home opportunity it’s important that you are able to accommodate home working, this includes suitable space to work from and an internet connection which will support it (minimum download speed of 10Mbps).
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.