Business Systems Project Manager
Working from home
Up to £45,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) build across communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of businesses and homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth and maintaining our leading broadband network and services provider status in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Business Systems Project Manager.
Our Business Systems Project Manager will be part of a team that is responsible for the full software development lifecycle, from conception to design, design to development and development to deployment.
They will be responsible for managing the project timeline, resource and scope to meet the agreed business requirements and ensure the team is successful. This will include supporting requirement gathering and analysis, creation of documentation, training and deployment. They will use their strong interpersonal skills to engage with project stakeholders and then manage ongoing communications to ensure everyone remains informed at an appropriate level.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services the Business Systems Project Manager will have the following direct responsibilities:
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of complex system solutions, establishing and controlling project constraints, scope, timelines and quality
- Responsible for the creation, identification, management of the project plans, dependencies, assumptions, issues and risks
- Manage relationships and communication with all project stakeholders
- Agree the approach to delivery within the business systems development team
- Provide clear ownership for and visibility of the resolution of all project risks and issues
- Lead improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the business systems project delivery and contribute to the identification of areas of improvement
- Ensure the decisions made on project approach are documented and comply with our requirements
- Coordinate sprints, stakeholder meetings and daily stand-up meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure deliverables meet quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Facilitate internal communications to promote effective collaboration
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to the business systems development team and project stakeholders as appropriate
- Provide progress updates into the department programme
- Support overall management of the department programme
- Develop and maintain effective and proactive relationships with all stakeholders
- Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title, at the Director of Corporate Services discretion
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Project Management, Computer Science or similar field (desirable)
- Experience working as a Business Systems Project Manager or similar role
- Experienced in the delivery of projects based on agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with software development
- Technical appreciation of systems (desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent presentation and written skills
- Able to demonstrate consistently balanced good judgement and logical thought prioritisation
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Ability to focus on results
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Very strong interpersonal skills including facilitation and coaching and able to lead and influence
- Enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated with a focus on customer service
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Willing to work additional hours in line with the business needs
As this is a working from home opportunity it’s important that you are able to accommodate home working, this includes suitable space to work from and an internet connection which will support it (minimum download speed of 10Mbps).
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.