Business Intelligence Developer
Working from home
Up to £45,000
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Business Intelligence Developer.
Our Business Intelligence Developer will entail helping us to build out our newly implemented data warehouse, developing new data sources, building and maintaining ETL pipelines and taking on the day-to-day management of the BI stack.
They will work within a close-knit team and will engage with stakeholders from across the business, to identify new data sources and explore opportunities to develop BI solutions that better support the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to help build and shape the data function within a newly formed BI team.
Reporting to the BI Manager, our Business Intelligence Developer will:
- Develop and maintain Panoply/AWS Data Warehouse
- Develop and maintain ETL pipelines
- Develop Power BI reports as and when required
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the BI stack, including MS Power BI environment
- Champion the development & implementation of the new reporting infrastructure
- Drive better understanding of the value of data within the business and contribute towards improvements in data management and data quality
- Identify and develop opportunities for more effective data usage in the business
- Be pro-active in suggesting and proposing creative solutions or new technologies to support the business
- Develop and maintain effective and proactive relationships with all stakeholders
- Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title at the BI Manager’s discretion
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Business Intelligence / BI Developer role
- Demonstrable experience in ETL development
- Experience of building front end BI solutions / dashboards using reporting and visualisation tools such as Power BI or similar
- Coding skills using Python, R or other (desirable)
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Solid understanding of the fundamental principles of data warehouse design (Facts, Dimensions, Star Schemas etc)
- In-depth knowledge of design, development and management of RDMS and data warehouse
- Business analysis skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Very strong interpersonal skills including facilitation and coaching and able to lead and influence
- Enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated with a focus on customer service
- Highly diligent in ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role
- Willing to work additional hours in line with the business needs
As this is a working from home opportunity it’s important that you are able to accommodate home working, this includes suitable space to work from and an internet connection which will support it (minimum download speed of 10Mbps).
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.