Build Supervisor (Fibre & Civils)
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Having secured significant private investment, we are now planning a major fibre-to-the home build across rural communities in the East of England, connecting thousands of homes to next generation full fibre infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals with the knowledge, creativity, drive and determination to help the company achieve its goals successfully. This is a dynamic, exciting environment to work within and will provide significant opportunities for the right people, with the right skills, to develop and grow with the company.
To support our growth toward becoming the leading broadband network and services provider in the area, we are looking for a talented and experienced Build Supervisor.
The role of the Build Supervisor will be to represent County Broadband Ltd in overseeing the works of our partners. Making sure that all works done on site meet Health & Safety requirements. The role holder will be representative of our brand therefore needs to be someone who is confident and passionate about health and safety.
Provision of a company van is included with the role.
Reporting to the Build Manager, the Build Supervisor will have direct responsibility for:
- Ensuring that builds are progressing to agreed timescales and plans
- Checking that all partners are have competent, fully trained staff
- Liaising with customers/end user in advance and during works to ensure awareness and reduce possible issues
- Liaising with Local Authorities and Build Partners on issues such as TM, Permits
- Ensuring permits are managed on site
- Reviewing plans and ensuring all documentation is available on site
- Checking that partners are completing day to day undertakings on site (labour, materials, PPE, HSE, permits, qualifications)
- Carrying out audits to ensure that work meet contract quality specifications
- Auditing works on Openreach Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) program
- Reviewing time and cost changes under direction of the Build Team manager
- Audit works to check quality via the CBL app providing documentation, pictures, etc where required
- Carrying out audits to ensure that work and sites meet NRSWA and QHSE standards
- Ensure failed audits are rectified in line with the contract/legislation specifications
- Providing cover for other Supervisors as required
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and able to liaise and manage stakeholders effectively
- A good understanding of fibre network installations
- The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be an effective and efficient leader
- NRSWA accreditation
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Understanding of poling, cable or civils installations on a fibre network. For this role, knowledge of poling and cabling will have priority.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you believe you have the right skill set to complement our team.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to reply to each one, therefore if you have not heard from us with 14 days of your application you have unfortunately not been successful.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for County Broadband Ltd to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. If at any stage, you with to withdraw your consent please contact us.